I figured I’d catch your attention and play off the whole Valentine’s theme for this blog. Love, sex, companionship, appreciation; whatever this ‘Holiday’ means to you I understand, but today, we’re going to talk about sex. Why? Because talking about sex rocks, and in my opinion it is imperative to your health and wellness. So with that said, let’s get right to it. I have 5 reasons you need to have sex this weekend (and in general) with your loved one, or yourself, to increase your health and wellness.
- Having consensual and loving sex decreases your levels of cortisol drastically, and since elevated levels of cortisol are directly related to abdominal fat, I think we have good reason to decrease this hormone by having sex. Flat stomach!
- Sex is exercise, so instead of bugging your significant other to hit the gym, or even if you missed a workout yourself, get your sweaxy on instead. You’ll burn calories, connect, and de-stress all at once. Sexercise!
- Let’s face it, sex relaxes you and brings on a nice calm, which means you’re less likely to reach for all those mind numbing snacks after a stressful day at work and you’ll also be more likely to have a stellar sleep that night. Double whammy!
- The testosterone hormone (which women have too btw) spikes during sex, which helps to strengthen bones and muscles. WHAT?! This is amazing. I’m thinking about different kind of post-workout meal right now.
- Regular sex and orgasms are known to increase your lifespan and help you look ten years younger. Need I say more?
Honestly friends, the list goes on. This is just a quick 5 reasons you need to have sex this weekend. In my opinion, people that have consensual sex and orgasm regularly tend to be happier, have deeper connections with themselves and their significant other, and typically take good care of themselves. So the next time you want to say ‘I’m too tired’, suck it up sally. Health and wellness is only one sweaxy away.
Showing you the difference between liking and loving your body,
Ashley Dale Grant