I know some of you are finding it hard to eat healthy snacks, especially when you have those savory or sweet cravings. Depending on what you’re craving, THAT is what your body is low on. Need a salt fix? Don’t reach for the potato chips, grab a pickle or two. It will satisfy that craving without you eating a whole bag. Sweet tooth acting up? Grab a couple frozen strawberries or raspberries or a spoonful or two of avocado pudding and you won’t want that cupcake or chocolate bar any longer.
Remember switching up the foods in your diet is just as important as working out. When you eat the same thing every day your body gets used to it which means it won’t burn as many calories digesting it. In the end, you are not keeping yourself in the fat-burning zone. Whether you want to lose weight or just keep toning that sexy body of yours, you need to keep your body guessing. It’s like men, the more you keep them guessing and on their toes, the harder they work to meet your needs :)
The items that are highlighted in blue have recipes in the online training blogs. Check them out!
Here are some of the snacks I eat or recommend.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Nut mixture, you can do this yourself simply by going to the Bulk Barn
- Banana, nut butter, cinnamon and/or honey in an Ezekiel wrap
- Homemade guacamole or hummus with gluten-free crackers
- Nut butter and apple slices
- Edamame beans with sea salt
- Chocolate avocado pudding RECIPE HERE
- Air Popped Popcorn with Grape seed Oil and Salt (tastes just like butter)
- Spelt Cakes (from the Bulk Barn) with nut butter
- Fruit Shakes/Smoothies
- Homemade protein bars like Raya’s Protein Bars HERE
- Homemade Salsa with corn chips
- Watermelon, feta cheese, mint and balsamic (you can even leave out the balsamic)
What are some of your favourite snacks?
Showing you the difference between liking and loving your body,
The RF Girls xo