The secrets out! In order to maximize your success in the pursuit of all things health and wellness, eating clean, whole food is a no brainer when it comes to losing weight (and keeping it off) reducing bloating, increasing energy levels, reducing your risk of chronic disease and feeling like a total badass.
We know this, but we still struggle. Why do we struggle? It’s because of lack of planning, accountably and preparation.
This is where meal planning comes into play. By now, you have heard all the buzz about how amazing meal planning is, but it often can feel overwhelming and seem so daunting.
Today I am going to break down exactly how-to meal prep like a total BADASS
The best way to succeed in meal prep is to have a bunch of staples ready to go. This way you can pick and choose which ready to go options you want to enjoy and when.
THESE ARE MY FAV ITEMS TO PREP ON SUNDAY TO HAVE A WEEKS WORTH OF HEALTHY EATING
- FRESH CUT FRUITS AND VEGGIES – I like to wash, chop, and prep tons of veggies and fruits to have in the fridge that I can grab and go. My faves include:
- Carrot sticks
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Pineapple Chunks
- Orange slices
- GRAINS – Having a few grains on hand and ready to go is a huge time saver. I always try to have either quinoa or rice prepped and ready. I can add them into my salads, burritos, make a quick stir fry, or build a delicious buddha bowl topped with all the veggies you’ve already prepped.
- PROTEIN – Depending whether you are a meat eater or vegan, having protein pepped and ready is a huge time saver. I typically prep:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Chicken Breasts
- Roasted Chickpeas
- And even bacon to throw into salads or on top of sandwiches.
- SALAD DRESSING – Store bought salad dressings can be the worst culprit of additives, chemicals and sugars. Making your own salad dressing can be done in minutes and can last all week long. Simply start with any oil of your choice ( I love avocado and olive) and then add in some acid – balsamic, ACV, and lemon juice for example. You Can leave it there or add in whatever you want.
- Fresh herbs
- Minced Garlic
- Honey or maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- Sea Salt
The options really are endless when it comes to salad.
Simple shake and enjoy.
- SNACKS – making sure snacks are covered is huge when it comes to your success. I rotate between
- Homemade #royallyfitapproved muffins
- Energy Balls
- Spiced Nuts
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Hummus and Crackers
- Goats Milk Cheese
- Apples & PB
- Banana Bread
By taking just a few hours a week to get organized and prepare all your food for the week will help to reduce your overall overwhelm and anxiety. You will feel in control of your food choices instead of your food controlling you.
What are some of your favourite staples to meal prep?
The Badass Approach to FITNESS, HEALTH & MENTAL WEALTH