These two recipes I made often as they are sooo easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand, especially in the warm months.
Print Recipe Here
adapted from Living Loving Paleo
- 2/3 avocado oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried dill (I used fresh so about 1.5 tbsp)
- 1.5 dried parsley (again I used fresh – 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- Throw it all in a container and blend it using an immersion blender. I’ve never tried using a regular blender so I don’t know how it would work. If the mixture doesn’t get thick your egg might have been too small so throw another egg in there.
Black Bean Spread
from Strewn Cooking Class
- 1 can (19oz or 540ml) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 green onions
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 salsa of choice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Throw everything into a blender and give’er until smooth, or desired consistency. You can add more salsa, balsamic and S&P to suit your taste.
NOTE: I often add a jalapeno or garlic and always switch up the salsas from mild, to hot to pineapple. Have fun with it.