(from ohsheglows.com with some adaptions by Ashley Dale Grant)
Print Recipe Here
I couldn’t imagine a Christmas without Bailey’s, and I know many of my fellow Canadians feel the same! To keep you ladies bloat, mucus, and zit free, I’ve found you a dairy-free Bailey’s you can make quickly at home from the brilliant Oh She Glows website. I’ve added some suggestions below that Matt and I tried and really enjoyed;)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (We thought we’d go for 2 cans of full-fat next time instead 1 of each)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup strong espresso or coffee, or to taste
- 3/4-1 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey, or to taste
- pinch of salt (We also thought we’d add in some hazelnut extract)
- In a medium or large pot, add the cans of coconut milk and whisk. Now whisk in the sugar. Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes, while stirring frequently, until it cooks down and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the espresso or coffee. Don’t have a coffee maker? Just buy a cup from the coffee shop and use that. Add in espresso/coffee to taste.
- Add a pinch of salt and finally the Jameson, to taste. I added about 3/4 + 2 tbsp. of whiskey and it was strong, but so is the original! Make it as strong or weak as you prefer.
- Store in sealed jars and serve over ice, with coffee or tea, or in baked goods. The whiskey and espresso settles to the bottom of the jar slightly, so give it a good stir before using. I’m not positive how long this keeps in the fridge, but it’s been good in our fridge for a couple days now and I expect it to last 4-5 days. Well, not technically…!