No Bake Granola Bars
adapted from iheartnaptime.net
I always have good intentions to make homemade granola bars but I have yet to so. That is until a client gave me a sample of the ones she made at home and they are delish! I always have these in my cupboard so I have no excuse! They are ready super quick and you can modify them easily based on taste preferences or just to have a bunch of different flavours on hand!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup almond butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- Other options: dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, chia feeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts, raisins, the sky’s the limit!
- Combine the oats, almond butter, almonds, chocolate chips and honey in a medium size bowl. Stir until well combined. Add more honey if needed and salt and cinnamon, to taste.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to fall over the edges. Press the oat mixture into the pan.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until firm. Remove paper from pan and then cut the large square in half. Then cut each half into 6 rectangles. Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer.