Everyone associates the holidays with weight gain so much, that it is basically an expectation at this point. It doesn’t need to be this way! You can have fun, indulge a little, stay active, AND lose weight during the Holidays. It’s all about your attitude, and how you approach things. To help you out, I wanted to share my top 5 holiday party tips with you:
- Schedule your workouts in. I know I know, you don’t have time, but it does not take long to get a serious sweat session in. Twenty minutes of sweating is enough to reduce stress levels, increase your energy, and maintain (or keep progressing with) your physique. Doing this three times per week, only monopolizes 60 minutes of your time! Make it happen! If you need some help, I have close to a hundred of 20-30 minute online workout videos for you at only $10 a month, and you can sign up here and cancel at any time. It is my mission to ensure you never have an excuse. You don’t even need to leave your house! Do this in the early AM or before you hit the party up!
- Mentally prepare. What you eat at a party is your choice – so don’t look at a party as a sentence to eat whatever you lay your eyes on . It is never wise to ‘save your calories for the party later’ either, because you’re setting yourself up for a binge session, that leaves you feeling out of control with your cravings. Instead, eat balanced meals throughout the day so you’re better able to control your cravings and stick to your plan when you arrive at the snack table. Lastly, don’t go in to the party thinking you won’t have anything bad. We always want what we can’t have, so allow for some room to indulge here. This is a part of the mental plan.
- Bring something tasty and healthy to the party. Many events are potlucks around this time, so it enables you to bring something healthy and pick and choose what you eat. Find healthy versions of the things you like. They’re out there – you just have to look for them. The internet has a wealth of information my Royally Fit friends! You’d be surprised how many women feel the same pressure over the Holiday’s with all the eating, so they will embrace and be thankful for the healthy options just like you!
- Avoid the Holiday drinks. Keep it simple here and stick to your regular wine, beer, or mixed booze with soda water when you’re out. The Holiday drinks like eggnog, candy cane martinis, and gingerbread lattes from Starbucks can easily increase your calories and contribute to weight gain fast. Save the extra calories for the food you’re more likely to enjoy and gain energy from.
- Just relax. If you’re feeling a little bloated or guilty from the food choices you just made, that’s OK – you’re human! Feeling guilty after one bad night of eating is only going to encourage you to have a pity party and keep the party going with more bad choices. One crappy night of eating won’t pile on 5 pounds even though it may feel like it (it’s all from the bloating, trust me); but having a pity party and continuing the trend will. Drink lots of water and move on with loads of healthy food the following day.
Listen to some cheesy Christmas music, enjoy the time spent with loved ones you rarely see, snuggle with your other half, and embrace the craziness that sometimes the Holidays can bring, because with a blink of an eye it will be over, and holy moly, you’re still in incredible shape!
Showing you the difference between liking and loving your body,
ashley dale roy